A helmet for the big occasions, carbon fibre-reinforced and fitted with the Multidirectional Impact Protection System (MIPS). The Trooper MIPS is one of the most reliable helmets on the market, and sets the standard for the next-generation of helmets. The advanced design uses Sweet Protection’s Thermoplastic Laminated Carbon fibre (TLC) construction, which makes the shell hard enough to withstand severe stress, yet flexible enough for energy to be absorbed efficiently.
Trooper features Sweet Protection’s unique Impact Shields technology – advanced EPS padding constructed with shields in various densities to distribute the pressure and most efficiently absorb energy. The unique MIPS technology reduces rotational energy by up to 50%.
The helmet has two adjustable air vents in the front leading into dual channels going through the inner helmet, for maximum effect. In addition, the Trooper has a removable and washable COOLMAX® liner, removable ear pads and the OcciGrip system that easily lets you customize the fit of the helmet.
TLC (Thermoplastic Laminated Carbon fibre) shell technology combines the elasticity of injection-moulded thermoplastic with the rigidity and strength of carbon fibre.
Impact absorption technology
- Impact Shields: Helmets with Impact Shields feature a moulded shock-absorbing EPS liner with Impact Shield inserts that provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. This is Sweet Protection’s premium impact protection technology. It distributes impacts from the inside of the helmet over larger areas in the crucial front and back zones where your head needs it.
- MIPS (Multidirectional Impact Protection System): A unique technology developed to reduce brain injuries. MIPS reduces the rotational forces to the brain by up to 50% by allowing the helmet to slightly rotate relative to the head. MIPS is designed to deal with how most accidents actually occur – with oblique impacts to the head.
Comfort and fit
- OcciGrip: A low volume helmet adjustment system that is easy to use. The OcciGrip construction provides a firm and comfortable fit and prevents the helmet from rolling on your head.
- Indirect ventilation: Built-in air channels between the shell and the liner, combined with direct inlets and outlets, create air circulation to cool your head.
- Open/close vents: Easy to operate air inlets for on-the-go temperature adjustment.
- COOLMAX® liner: A stitched, full covering liner made from anti-allergenic and moisture-wicking COOLMAX®; provides great comfort in a wide range of temperatures, and can easily be removed for washing.
- Artificial micro fur: Artificial micro fur-lined ear pads for extra warmth and comfort.
- Fitpads: allow the ultimate personalized fit for a precise and comfortable helmet fit.
- Removable box constructed ear pads.
Certification: EN 1077 CLASS B ASTM 2040-11