The Diamir Eagle 12 goes where no bar/frame binding has gone before: it combines maximum walking comfort and stability without the least compromise in DIN ISO certified safety, including the simplest handling.
Trendsetting Gliding tech
A complex mechanical gliding system allows the centre of rotation of the binding to be optimally positioned. As a result, the foot rolls off naturally to provide walking comfort at the level of pin bindings.
In terms of safety release, the Diamir Eagle 12 is comparable to modern jaw binding systems. With its exclusive lightweight design and torsion-resistant bar instead of a frame, it is exceptionally easy to use and ensures excellent power transmission. The activating crampon is another technical exclusivity.
Diamir Eagle 12 – for ski tour buffs with the highest demands
Ski tour buffs are optimally equipped for difficult conditions in high mountain terrain with the Diamir Eagle 12. It’s the bar/frame binding with the highest walk mode comfort. Superior quality, meticulous workmanship, stylish design, light yet robust high-tech materials.
The bar/frame binding with the greatest walk mode comfort
Advantages compared to touring bindings with conventional frame design:
- Highest walk mode comfort
- Unparalleled lateral stability in uphill mode
- Light weight
- Easiest to use
- The only activating crampon
At a glance
- Lateral safety release; automatic heel release.
- Easy step-in/step-out.
- Comfort Lock: switching between uphill and downhill mode using a ski pole is just as easy and quick as changing the walk mode levels.
- Comfort Lever for four walk mode levels (0°/3°/9°/13°). Change between four optimally synchronized walk mode levels very simply using your ski pole.
- Axion Tech – easy-activation crampons. Diamir Axion crampons are mounted to the bottom of the binding with just a few easy steps. Flip it up to disengage them and climb as if no crampons were attached. Simply flip the blade down with a ski pole, as needed, to engage the crampons without stepping out of the binding. (See Axion 110 and Axion 86.)
Technical data and boot compatibility
Ski width: > 67mm
Weight: 890g/unit (without ski brake)
Position height: 39mm from the top edge of the ski
Standard ski brake: 80
Sizes and boot sole length: SM: 260–315mm, ML: 285–340mm, XL: 330–365mm